- What is the #CSEchallenge?
The Clean Simple Eats Challenge is a community based health & fitness challenge. We have created simple, mouthwatering recipes and fat burning workouts to use for 6 full weeks! We have laid out what to eat, how much to eat and when to eat it to help you reach your specific goals... it's fail proof!! The goal for the 6 Week challenge is to build healthy habits that last a lifetime. This is not a restrictive, quick fix plan. It is a tool you can use to improve your health for the rest of your life while getting great results. Also, a chance to win prizes along the way!! Every week within the 6 Week Challenge we roll out a new weekly challenge to help you stay motivated. Every weekly challenge is different with a new prize given out at the end of each week! Join the community at www.facebook.com/groups/cleansimpleeats and interact with many others participating in the same challenge you are!! Winners will be chosen from each weekly challenge and a 1st place grand prize winner will be chosen at the end of the 6 weeks for having the best overall transformation. The grand prize for the Fall 2017 CSE Challenge is an all expenses paid trip for 2 to Disneyland with help from our friends at GetawayToday.com!
- What is included in each meal plan?
Each meal plan includes 75 macro-friendly recipes that you and your family will love, a weekly menu planner, a shopping list for each week, bulk meal prep suggestions, a Food Prep Guide, a calorie and macronutrient breakdown of each individual recipe along with beautiful recipe photos. We have also included one week of workouts in the back of each meal plan. These workouts are HIIT style workouts that will help to speed up your metabolism and burn fat efficiently. The all-new Fall Meal Plan will be available in both digital and hard copy format.
- What foods are included in the plans?
The meal plan follows the "clean eating" guidelines. Fruits & veggies, lean meats, eggs, fish, whole grains, some dairy, nuts and seeds plus some "treat" items. 3 meals a day, 2-3 snacks a day. Lots of water. I have balanced the macronutrients in each meal to reach a 40% carbohydrate, 30% fat & 30% protein split. All macronutrient totals are included with each recipe as well as pre-loaded to My Fitness Pal for those of you tracking your macros. The recipes are delicious and very practical, you will find yourself going back to them again and again even after the challenge is over.
- How do I join the challenge??
1. Click the "Meal Plan" tab & purchase a plan. For our Fall Challenge, I will need to have an order attached to your name purchased on or after October 1, 2017 to be eligible to win any prizes.
2. Take before pictures; side, front and back. Best done in tight fitted clothing. Save your photos to submit with your after photos at the conclusion of the challenge. We recommend that you wear the same outfit in both your before and after photo. Measurements and weight is not a requirement, but we do recommend doing both along with a body composition scan if possible.
3. Join our Facebook group!! www.facebook.com/groups/cleansimpleeats. This is not a requirement to join the challenge, but is a great help to get questions answered and to join a community of people all on the same meal plan with similar goals in mind.
4. Follow the plan! All meals are interchangeable. If you don't like something, use a different recipe in the book that you do like.
5. Limit one "treat meal" per week. Many people don't feel the need for a treat meal. If you choose to go out, make sure you make it a treat MEAL, not a treat DAY or WEEKEND. Enjoy your treat meal and jump right back on the plan.
6. Drink water. We encourage you to drink at LEAST 1/2 your body weight in ounces each day. We try to get 100 oz. in each day. Please NO SODA!!! Bai5, La Croix, Crio Bru, black coffee and pre-workout powders are approved. No creamers.
7. Exercise! We have provided workouts in the back of each meal plan for you to follow or if you want MORE add on a Hustle Hybrid 6 week program from @hiittrainer. The workouts are not required for the challenge. You can do any type of exercise that you'd like. We have seen the best results with HIIT and strength training and that is the reason we have included them in our book for your use.
WE WILL COLLECT ALL BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS AT THE END OF THE 6 WEEK CHALLENGE. PHOTOS ARE DUE BY November 20, 2017. THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO THE WINNER!!
- What plan is best for me? Which plan should I get?
The new plan covers everyone! Inside the front of each plan there are calorie options ranging from 1500-3000 and a calculator to help you know where you should be! The layout on this plan helps anyone on any level achieve their goals. All the recipes in the meal plan make 4 servings. If you are cooking for a family like I am, double each shopping list and recipe to make 8 servings. If you are single and cooking for one, half each recipe to make 2 servings.
- Can I track my macros while using your meal plan?
Yes! All of the macronutrient information has been added to My Fitness Pal for each recipe. Search "Clean Simple Eats" and the recipe name and simply add it to your dairy in My Fitness Pal. You may need to alter your last snack of the day to meet your custom macros given to you by your coach. If you need a coach, head to www.hiittrainerfit.com and JJ will get you taken care of.
- How do I know how many calories to eat?
If you do not have custom macros from a coach, we have included a formula in the front of the book that will help you find about how many calories you will need each day to reach your goal.
- Can I buy the workouts and meal plan separate?
No, they are a package deal. If you want a more detailed exercise program, see @hiittrainer's new 6 week Hybrid Hustle program!
- Do I need equipment or a gym membership for the workouts in the meal plan?
For the Summer plan, you will need a Kettle Bell, a Wall Ball and a mat.
- Are the workouts required during the challenge?
No. We have included workouts for your convenience. You are welcome to do any exercise that you enjoy during the challenge.
- Can I buy the meal plan without being a part of the challenge?
Absolutely! This meal plan doubles as a great cookbook or recipe guide and can be used however you'd like.
- How much do the groceries cost per week?
This will differ from person to person depending on which ingredients you already have on hand, how many you are shopping for, where you shop and if you shop organic. Unfortunately, we cannot put a set number on the weekly grocery budget. Most items are found at regular grocery stores such as Costco, Harmon's & Sprouts.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via email through my website or direct message me through my Instagram account @cleansimpleeats.